Saturday, July 7, 2007

Pasadena dining is always a YUMMY experience

Earlier today, I had brunch with a girlfriend of mine and my 2-year-old son. We decided to eat at a little neighborhood restaurant in Pasadena called Green Street Restaurant. I had heard about this restaurant years ago and about their TO DIE FOR salad dishes. Since I haven't really been fulfilling my daily requirement of greens, I decided to give this well-known salad joint a try. My girlfriend and I had planned on grabbing a quick bite to eat and then heading out to do some credit card damage at Citadel, so we started our day a little earlier than expected. We need all the time we can get when it comes to outlet shopping of course! So when we arrived at Green Street Restaurant, they were still serving brunch and the lunch menus were not available yet. I was a little disappointed because I came here for a salad after all, but hey, sacrifices are needed to be made when it comes to a shopping-filled day. So, I decided on having "Charlie's Breakfast", which consisted of scrambled eggs and bacon, grilled onions and cheddar cheese served with sour cream and michoacan salsa. I even got zucchini bread on the side to accompany my breakfast platter. THE ZUCCHINI BREAD WAS TO DIE FOR!!! It was so stinkin' delicious! My friend ordered the "Spinach Omelette", so I was able to steal her greens, in addition to stealing her mushrooms and onions and extra chicken that she added onto the order (: She also got a side of Zucchini Bread with her meal. I would have taken pictures of our dishes just to show how delicious all the food was, especially the bread! But it was a little hard when I had one hand on my fork and the other hand on my toddler making sure he wasn't knocking over his milk or throwing food at the folks next to us. Anyway, it was no surprise that Green Street Restaurant was as good as I expected. After all, it is located in the city of Pasadena, home to the California School of Culinary Arts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).